There are a few things I’d like to bring to your attention,
before you signup for the cleanup.
- Stream cleans do not require you to get into the water. Trash is usually along the outside banks of streams caught in trees and the underbrush, but remember you will be around water; so be careful.
- Remember weather conditions never clean a stream after a heavy rain/or during a rainstorm.
- Wear sturdy, old shoes that can get wet.
- Beware of traffic on the road or trail! Remember they are not expecting someone to come walking out of the woods.
- Remember to sign in with the group leader
- Please do not bring your cell phone into the creek or stream.
- Listen to your volunteer group leader and always be aware of your environment.
- If you find a strange container or liquid stored in a container/drum, please call your group leader and do not try to move or touch it.
- Lookout for others around you, never wander off by yourself.
- Remember this is an open volunteer event. Your group will work along side others who have volunteered just like you.
What do you need to bring? Nothing. You are supplied with trash bags, recycling bags and gloves. Each group will receive a safety orientation from the volunteer group leader and a brief presentation about recycling and best management practices for stormwater around your home and the community.
What Do I Wear? Wear old tennis shoes or boots with sturdy soles. Remember, you will be around water so you might get a little wet. Please do not wear flip flops or open toe sandals. Wear weather appropriate clothing. Wear light-colored clothing that covers arms & legs.
Well that is it... Thank you for volunteering and see you there!
Just complete the following form below to participate in Crawdads Cleanup.